Configure Outbound Spam Blocking
SmarterMail provides the option to scan outgoing messages for spam. This is useful in the event that an account on the SmarterMail server is compromised and being used as a spam relay. By configuring outbound spam checks, you can help prevent your mail server from being blacklisted.
Applies to SmarterMail 8.x to 14.x
Follow these steps to enable spam checking for outgoing messages:
- Login to SmarterMail as the system administrator.
- Click the Security icon.
- In the navigation pane, click Antispam Administration. A list of available spam protection measures will load in the content pane.
- For each item you would like to check outgoing email against, select the corresponding Enable for Outgoing SMTP blocking checkbox.
- Select the SMTP Blocking tab.
- Set the Outgoing Weight Threshold at the level you wish to block outgoing spam at and check the Enabled checkbox next to it.
- If you wish to quarantine outgoing messages blocked as spam, set the Outgoing Quarantine drop down list to the time period you wish to quarantine these messages.
- Click Save in the content pane toolbar.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterMail Online Help